Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 21, 2008

wishing i had a video camera in the car

Caleb did this hilarious thing in the car on the way home from day care yesterday, and I wished I had a video camera because he was cracking me up. I'm not sure I'll be able to convey the story written as well as it would be if I were telling it out loud, but I'll try.

So Caleb has this maraca that counts and says the colors of the rainbow and stuff in both English and Spanish. He had it in the car and turned it on, and it was saying the colors in Spanish. He was shaking it for awhile and grinning and having fun, then I guess he got bored with it and dropped it on the floor. It was still going, so the whole rest of the ride home, we heard "rojo...naranja...amarillo..." etc. Well, after a few times through, whenever it would say "naranja" Caleb would say "ba blah blah" with the same intonation as the toy. Then he started laughing and just going "bluh bluh bluh bluh" you know, like sticking his tongue out and saying nonsense stuff. It was SO funny! I guess he was trying to say that Spanish just sounds like nonsense to him!

Anyway, I was laughing so hard and he just kept on doing it the whole way home. He's so funny sometimes. It's good to know he has a sense of humor. :)

No comments: